Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pennant Race

As the season comes to a close, the Yankees begin a series with the Rays who are trying to take advantage of an epic Red Sox collapse and win the Wild Card.  As a Yankee fan, do you necessarily want the Yankees to lose to the Rays allowing them the chance to make the playoffs over the Red Sox?  I know the hatred for the Red Sox would have most Yankees fans saying yes, as I would definitely love to see the Red Sox have the biggest September collapse in MLB history. However, if the Red Sox were to advance, they would barely be stumbling into the playoffs. With their rotation in flux, it would hard to see them advancing past the first round, regardless of their offensive talent.  Putting my feelings aside, I'd rather have the Red Sox win the wild card, as I see the Rays as a bigger threat in the post season the way they are playing right now. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment